"Every child born has, at the instant of birth, a higher potential intelligence than Leonardo Da Vinci ever used and It is easier to give a one-year-old encyclopedic knowledge than it is to give it to a six-year-old."
Asas Pembangunan Anak-Anak
GENERAL LAWS OF DEVELOPMENT
- Most basic premise – That any person or social group who possesses both a positive and accurate world view and an understanding of the laws of learning will move naturally and inevitably toward all things good and right.
- An infant child comes into the world perfectly good and only becomes other than perfectly good while growing into adulthood due to the influences upon him/her during their years of development.
- Human society is obviously not perfectly good at this point in history, in fact our world society has become so bad that some philosophers have made the claim that human nature is basically evil.
- The reason so much evil exists in today’s world is not because human nature is basically evil, but because the influences we naturally encounter as physical beings in a material world tend most often to direct our development away from Allah.
- The influences upon us come from three sources in our environment, the physical, the social(any influence coming either directly or indirectly from other people), and from inner speech(the influence of our own thoughts and feelings).
- Every influence upon a us will have some effect greater than zero; and, while most of these will be very small, some can be so powerful as to be life changing.
- The overall impact upon our development of any single influence from any of these three sources can be either negative or positive.
- Every individual is subjected to many thousands of influences every day, some of these influences being directed toward evil and some being directed toward Allah.
- To overcome the influence of evil (movement toward the material) and move toward Allah (the spiritual) takes consistent and concentrated effort.
- If we do not recognize the affect of these influences upon our development we will go whichever way the influences take us, thereby too often moving away from Allah and toward evil.
- If we can recognize the affect of these influences upon our development we can use the laws of learning to limit the affect of the negative influences upon us and to increase the affect of the positive influences upon us, thereby moving continuously away from evil and moving toward Allah.
- When we see an influence upon us that we know would push us away from Allah we can say things to ourselves using inner speech that can take away the power of that negative influence.
- When we see an influence upon us that we know would help us move toward Allah we can say things to ourselves using inner speech that can add greatly to the power of that positive influence.
- As we learn to recognize all the influences upon us from the inner and outer realms of the environment, when we learn to correctly identify those influences as being either negative or positive upon our development, and when we learn to use our inner speech to say the correct things after each one of those negative or positive influences (which will reduce the power of the negative and increase the power of the positive), then we will begin naturally and inevitably to move away from all that is wrong and harmful, and we will begin to move naturally and inevitably toward all things good and right.
- An individual who does these things cannot fail to become a good and right human being; and, a society that does these things cannot fail to become a good and right society.
From the time your baby is born, he or she is constantly learning - it's no surprise, then, that so many parents start planning early for all phases of their children's education.
Take the lead in your child's development and help as he or she learns the three R's and so much more. Every child learns at a unique pace, but if you feel your child could use a little help, we've got information on tutors, learning disabilities and even home schooling - written by people who know what you're going through.
Watching your child grow and learn, from kindergarten to college, is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have as a parent. Get involved and give your child the right tools to help him or her get the most out of life and learning.
Children's Education Options
In this section, you can learn about the different education options available to your child, from public and private schools to home schooling and tutoring. Each separate approach to education has its own set of advantages and drawbacks to consider, and you'll find information that will help you choose the educational path that may be best for your son or daughter.
If you're unsure how to fund a specialized education, you can also learn more about the various types of loans and tuition assistance programs available. You can plan for the financial responsibilities of every phase of your child's education, from kindergarten to college.
We've also compiled a great deal of practical information for everyday concerns, like back-to-school shopping and how to help your child with difficult subjects. You'll find tips on helping your child become a better reader, encouraging him or her to perform their best on their SATs, and how to design a curriculum for home tutoring or schooling. If your child has a learning disability, you can find read information on how to address his or her special needs.
Education is enormously important to every child's development. Take advantage of tools that help you plan ahead, anticipate challenges and find solutions to the questions that every student faces during his or her scholastic career..